Monday, February 22, 2010

Worcestershire Chicken

Do you have trouble saying that word- Worcestershire? It's one of my favorites, both the word and the sauce! Pronounced, woos-te-shire, it's a tricky word, but a tasty sauce that surprisingly, both kids love! This never lasts long in our house, and it proved to go just as quickly tonight. Darn, no leftovers!

Worcestershire Chicken

Chicken cutlets (as many as desired)
salt
flour
3 T. dairy-free margarine, divided
2 T. olive oil
2 T. worcestershire sauce
1 T. vinegar
1/2 c. chicken broth

Warm oil and 2 T. of margarine in skillet. Dredge the cutlets in flour and sprinkle with salt. Add chicken to skillet and cook until done. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.

Add worcestershire, vinegar and broth to the skillet. Add remaining tablespoon of margarine and bring to a boil, stirring until slightly thickened. Serve over chicken.

My sauce never thickens in the least, but that doesn't stop me from spooning it over my chicken. It's delicious! I always serve it with mashed potatoes and whatever else I feel like. Tonight we had it with mashed potatoes, three bean salad, and homemade French bread. YUM!

And since I know it off the top of my head, I'll throw in my 3 bean salad recipe!

Three bean salad

1 can green beans
1 can wax beans
1 can kidney beans
1 c. vinegar
2/3 c. sugar

Boil sugar and vinegar together and let cool. Drain all beans and place in a bowl. Once vinegar is cool, pour over beans and let sit for at least an hour. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment