Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fried rice

With the kids at school, there were no hungry wolverines swarming about, so I was able to document the making of my delicious lunch. Consider this a treat!
Fried Rice

2 cups cooked rice, cold 1 large carrot, sliced frozen peas 1T. olive oil 1t. garlic powder 1 egg soy sauce



Heat oil and garlic powder in skillet (please excuse my ugly skillet).

Scramble the egg with the oil until cooked.

Add remaining ingredients and cook over med. high heat for about 10 minutes, stirring often. I never measure. I add as many peas as I like, and enough soy sauce to turn the rice light brown.
You can also add ham to this, but I prefer it without. If you want, you can always beef it up with some milled flax seed! Enjoy!
I'm making yeast bread after the kids get home. Maybe I'll document it!


No comments:

Post a Comment