Sunday, November 15, 2009

Chicken salad

I never cared for chicken salad growing up. I wouldn't touch it. But one day I found a recipe in a magazine for Crunchy Turkey Salad made with leftover Thanksgiving turkey and though, What the heck, I'll try it. With no turkey in sight, I substituted chicken, left out the cranberries, and came up with something so delicious that sometimes I just have to have it! This recipe is dairy and nut free, but I've made it before with almonds when Pres wasn't around, and it's just as tasty!

Crunchy Chicken Salad

2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed
Miracle Whip
1/4 c. sliced green onion
1/4 c. shredded carrot

Stick chicken breasts in the crock pot with a little water and cook 4-5 hours. When cool, cut into bite-sized cubes. In a bowl, combine chicken, carrots, and green onion with enough Miracle Whip to combine everything together. Chill and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment