Thursday, November 12, 2009

Apple Salad

Apple salad is a tasty side dish that my grandma often prepares that I absolutely love! Unfortunately, her version contains milk and walnuts to this day, so it's not exactly allergy-friendly. I've transformed it into a dairy and nut-free dish that is so fun to eat. And it's easy enough that your kids can make it (after you chop the apples, of course).

Apple Salad

1 apple cut into small chunks (sugar cube sized)
1/4 c. Miracle Whip
1/4 c. sugar
1 t. vinegar
small marshmallows

Cut apple into small chunks and place in a bowl. In another small bowl, mix the Miracle Whip, sugar and vinegar. Add desired amount of marshmallows to apples, add dressing and mix.

Now, these measurements are just guesses. I don't measure. Neither does my grandma. We just eyeball it and when it looks right, it's right. I made this tonight and my best guestimate is what I listed above. If you're wondering what kind of marshmallows to use, Kraft Jet Puffed marshmallows are safe- and definitely a favorite around our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment