Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Meatloaf


Photo courtesy of FoodNetwork

Kids are notorious for not liking meatloaf (mine included), but growing up, I loved meatloaf, as long as it was my mom's. In fact, I have never even tried any other meatloaf, nor no I ever plan to. I stick with what I know is good! What makes this meatloaf so good? It's the delightful glaze on top. It is sweet, sticky, and not at all ketchup-y, and it is nothing short of magnificent! Like a good frosting on a cake- it's the best part!

Meatloaf

2 pounds ground beef
2 eggs
1 cup oats
1/2 cup ketchup

Glaze
1/2 cup ketchup
3 T. brown sugar.

In a large bowl, mix meat, eggs, oats and ketchup until well combined. Place in loaf pan. Mix glaze ingredients together and pour over meat, covering well. Bake 1 hour until done.

And I can't tell you how many times I typed oars instead of oats. THAT would be lovely...

This recipe makes a lot, more than what our family of four will eat. I usually divide it between two loaf pans and freeze one (without glaze) and cook the other.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment