Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Apple Crisp

Fall is just around the corner. The air is cooler, leaves are starting to fall, and I refuse to put on another pair of shorts. Ha! As much as I LOVE to grill, it's always nice when the season changes and I can start making more warm comfort foods. Today was my Granny's birthday, so I decided to surprise her with an apple crisp, using her recipe. I also made us one while I was at it. Please note that the above picture is NOT my crisp, although I sure wish it was! Mine wasn't pretty enough to be picture-worthy, but I can tell you that there is only one more helping of it in the pan, and it was made this morning.

Apple Crisp

6-8 apples, peeled and sliced thickly
1/4 c. water
2 T. cinnamon

topping:
1 stick melted dairy-free margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 c. flour

Slice apples and place in a deep baking dish. Mix water and cinnamon and pour over apples, stirring to coat. Mix topping ingredients and using your hands, crumble over the top of apples. Bake 1 hour at 350 or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment