Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Chicken and Rice

I found this recipe in a cookbook, made it a few times, and just didn't love it. I was hungry for chicken and rice last week, so I decided to try again, and tweaked it to perfection (at least for my taste). It was delicious! Frying the chicken before adding it to the rice gives it so much more flavor, and the rice cooks up to such sticky softness. Ahhh. And I apologize for 2 recipes in a row with no pictures!

Chicken and Rice

boneless, skinless chicken breasts
flour
2 T. olive oil
1 1/2 c. white rice
2 1/3 c. water
1 c. rice milk
2 chicken bouillon cubes

1. Take desired amount of chicken breasts and dredge them in flour. Heat oil in skillet and fry until both sides are brown.
2. In a 9x13 baking dish, combine rice, water, milk and bouillon cubes. Tip! I take a small amount of the water and boil it in the microwave to dissolve the bouillon faster.
3. Top rice mixture with chicken, cover loosely with foil and bake at 350 for 55 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment