Thursday, May 20, 2010

Strawberry Fields Salad

Yes, I'm a huge Beatles fan, but no, I did not name this salad. It's my take on a salad from TGI Fridays. I remember seeing it on the menu, but did not order it, being that I'm not a big salad for a meal type person. But I did adapt it for a quick side and I love it! In fact, we had it tonight with dinner. No, I didn't take a picture because really, it didn't look too exciting, but it was yummy!

Strawberry Fields Salad

Torn Romaine lettuce
4-5 strawberries
2T balsalmic vinegar
Italian dressing

Slice strawberries in a bowl and toss with balsalmic vinegar. Let sit 15 minutes. Tear lettuce into a large bowl. Add desired amount of Italian dressing to suit, top with strawberries and toss.

Simple and delicious! The marinated berries sound a little weird at first, but they are SO good! You can use fresh or frozen berries. Fresh ones hold up better than frozen, which tend to be a little mushy after they thaw, but both are equally delicious! It's also fabulous with feta cheese, but since this for non-dairy purposes, we'll refrain from using cheese and pretend I didn't say that.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment